Colorado Lesbian and Gay Weddings
Colorado has recently legalized civil unions, and the US Supreme Court has struck down portions of the anti-gay DOMA legislation. You can have a same-sex, lesbian, gay, or transgender wedding or commitment ceremony at any time. You may choose our affordable gay-friendly wedding venues (Foothills Chapel and Banquet Room) or any other wedding site of your choosing. Revs. Chris and Karen Mohr have been wedding officiants for hundreds of lesbian and gay weddings, commitment ceremonies and civil union ceremonies since 1979. We perform weddings at our chapel, all around Colorado (such as during Aspen Gay Ski Week in Aspen), and even worldwide; we've even performed a Celtic-style gay wedding in Wales! You can have your ceremony at our wedding chapel venue, and celebrate in our garden-level banquet room site. We'll help you design your ceremony wording to be exactly as you want it to be. If you also want a reception, we can recommend lesbian, gay or transgender friendly vendors or you may bring in your own people to help make your big day everything you want it to be.
The Ceremony of Your Choice
Let us help you create your affordable wedding ceremony that reflects your personalities and beliefs. Most of our couples choose the nondenominational Christian wedding ceremony option, but many also bring Jewish, Catholic, civil or other ceremony ideas to us. We're here to answer all your questions about seating, etiquette, and other practical details. We can even be your "neutral zone," navigating you through possible rough patches when challenging family members are on your guest list!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Experienced, Warm, Caring, Helpful, Professional Wedding Officiants
- We meet with every couple we work with
- Free initial wedding meeting at the chapel
- Calming presence during planning and on your big day
- Beautiful historic wedding chapel and banquet room available or find your own
- Creative, Flexible
- Gentle Sense of Humor
- Your ceremony the way you want it using words appropriate to you
- Free wedding videos uploaded to Facebook for all "Likes" to see (available at Foothills Chapel only)!
- Options: Blessing of Children, Wedding Rose Exchange, Unity Candle, Sand Ceremony, Ethnic Customs, etc.
- Caring ministers with decades of volunteer experience in hospitals, prisons, hospices, drug crisis centers and other places
- Can greet families in any language, especially Spanish
- Interfaith couples always welcome
- Meaningful ceremonies touch you and your guests.
- We can run your rehearsal
- Christian, Traditional, Catholic-style, Spiritual, Civil or Customized
- Magnificently opulent or short n' sweet weddings
- Affordable budget weddings that don't seem like cheap weddings
- Available upon request: counseling
- Baptisms, Christenings, Quinceaneras, Memorials and other services available
As you well know, not everyone supports same sex marriage. Fox News has put out a series of articles and features supporting opposite-sex marriage and opposing same-sex marriage, like the one linked here, but the picture they used for their article inadvertently shows a same-sex couple getting married on top of the Empire State Building!